6 SIMPLE WAYS TO FALL BACK IN LOVE WITH BLOGGING

Thursday, September 08, 2016


If you know me, you would know that I get bored very easily. At first, I'm excited about starting something, whatever that something may be, but then, I just feel uninspired and I stop. Same happened with blogging.

I've started blogging because it was something I did enjoy, something that was completely mine, something I had to commit to, something that could keep my head busy, and it was, for a long period of time, but then it wasn't anymore. I can't explain why, I mean, I still absolutely love blogging and writing is something that runs through my veins without even thinking, but I've been caught up in life lately and I felt kinda oppressed by this whole digital world. That is also the reason why my Instagram is so poor in content and my Twitter followers decreased.

I'm not gonna lie here, I've been constantly thinking about blogging, I just wasn't in the mood for it.
Also, I've been busy writing my first novel (which I'm not even half way done with, but thanks to this special soul Bianca Bass I've been more motivated every single day! P.S. She's a keeper, go follow her!).

But the time has come and after thinking and re-thinking about this very moment, here I am, sharing with you what helped me to fall back in love with blogging. I really hope these tips could help you too!

TAKE A BREAK 

A week, a month, whatever it takes for you to be ready and sure to come back. Breaks are inevitable, even the great ones take breaks, it's what makes your brain rest a bit in order to be recharged! Take a walk, bring your dog, plan a getaway with your friends, go on holiday, watch tons of comedies ("How to be single" and "The Intern" are highly suggested!), do nothing, but stay away from your laptop and your "blogger mode". Take that damn break.

FORGER ABOUT THE STATS

This is truly important: once you forget about blogging, you must forget about your stats. Do not cringe over the fact that the visits on your blog have decreased or that your twitter friends aren't mentioning you. If you keep obsessing over this, then you're still on "blogger mode" and you're definitely not taking a break. Like I've already said, get away from your laptop! Things will work fine even if you're not constantly checking what part of the world is reading your blog. Stop it, now.

DO SOMETHING THAT BOOST YOUR CREATIVITY

The fact that you're not blogging at the moment, doesn't mean you can't keep your brain occupied with something else. If you're temporary quitting blogging, it's because you don't feel inspired enough to write. Go read a book, join a bookclub, search for some decor DIYs on Pinterest, write for your own sake and not for the Internet. Keep a journal, go outside, watch the sunrise and the star shine, go people watching, read others' blogs. I bet you will have a lot of things to write about by the time you'll find yourself in front of a screen.

FORGET ABOUT THE SCHEDULE

If you're one of those people who schedule every post then, forget about it. Having a schedule makes you nervous and gives you anxiety. You will feel trapped in between the posts you have to write and the ones you have to publish and that is so mind blowing! Ditch your planner for a while, you can go back to it later, but for now, enjoy things as they come, don't make plans, don't overthink, just don't. Let your brain breath and your body to relax. You're allowed to do it every once in a while.

CHANGE YOUR DESIGN/NICHE

I know, I know, every time you hear the word "niche" your ears start bleeding and you want to rip your hair off your scalp. I know, me too. But what I mean is that, maybe, if you stopped caring about your blog is because you are blogging about the wrong thing. Don't panic. We all change as we grow up and maybe the things that we used to love are different from the things we love now, it's possible. Think about why you started blogging and if what you usually blog about gives you the power to keep blogging. If you started blogging about make-up and now you're more interested in fitness, there is no point in keep talking about make-up because eventually you will get bored of it and you won't feel inspired and your writing will seem forced. People will know that. So change the main topinc of your blog if that's the problem or just change your design. There are a lot of great tutorials on the Internet and if you don't feel like doing it yourself, there are a lot of people who can help you! 

REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED

If you started a blog, means you loved it beyond the main topic. It means that you love sharing stuff with people and talking to them and meeting new ones. Remember why you started your blog and begin again.





2 comments

  1. This is something I have been struggling with for the past year or so. I get into these ruts were I've felt completely uninspired and I think it might be the content I was trying to create. I'm definitely going to use these tips to get myself back into my blogging game. :)

    Brittaney Penney | http://brittaneypenney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean! Sometimes the solution is right in front of us be we're just scared. I really hope you will use some of these tips, they definitely helped me on getting back into this amazing world!
      Good luck!
      Maryloy http://thesneakergal.blogspot.it

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by Fearne.