BOOKS YOU WANT TO READ IN FALL

Monday, September 12, 2016

Fall reads

Among all the things I love about Autumn, the fact that you can snuggle up in bed or on your couch with a blanket, a cup of tea and a good book beats them all.
Nothing, to me, is quite calming and relaxing like reading a book in the soft lights of the late afternoon, when the city's going to sleep and your adventures are about to begin.

This fall I'm planning on reading some "out of my comfort zone" books because I want to explore more, know more about what's out there and learn from those stories.
But since I love me some old good gothic novels or "back to school" themed story, let me just recommend to you some of my favourites reads that I love reading during fall time.

1. THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater
Right, let me get this straight: I am very picky when it comes to books and I'm even more so when it comes to an author I've never heard of before. Sure, I've heard about Maggie Stiefvater because she's the mind behind the "Wolves of Mercy Falls" series but I haven't read it yet so I was scared to pick the first book in the "Raven Cycle" series, but boy if I loved it. Since the very first page I was already in love with all the characters and absolutely drawn to the whole plot. This is a series you don't want to miss, believe me, go pick it up now!

2. EVERNIGHT by Claudia Gray
I picked this one up on a whim, I was at the bookstore years ago and I was looking for some vampire/werewolves/everything tv series material I could find and saw this. What made me buy it was the reference to Romeo and Juliet (which I absolutely adore) so I bought it and read it as soon as I came home. Long story short, I devoured the book and finished it in a day! I mean, it's not a work of literature, but if you love some forbidden love, ancient castles, secrets, creatures of the night then, this one is for you.

3. FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell
In a recent post I've been raving about it (read it here) and basically I recommend this book to everybody, every year, all the time. I love it that much. It's cute and gives you lots of life lessons and will absolutely warm your heart like nothing else.

4. MILK AND HONEY by Rupi Kaur
Like I've said on twitter these days, I'm really into modern poetry. Don't get me wrong, I will always be John Keats' biggest fan, but it's so rare that people today, actually spend time writing poetry that every time I come across some, I have to read it. I've heard about this author on Tumblr: everyone was sharing sketches from the books, followed by heartbreaking words and I just had to have it. If you're interested in giving this little book a try but not sure if you want to buy it or not, I will write a post about it, just to give you an overview of what it is. But believe me, even if you go blind with it, you won't ever regret it.

5. FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley
For those of you who likes some classics, I just had to mention this. I love this story, it's one of my favourite classics and it's so underrated (I feel like everyone sticks with Jane Austen, forgetting that there are other classics worth reading) I couldn't recommend it more. I first read it in High School (obviously, I already knew the story) and I had to write an essay about it. That essay turned out to be my final project for school, I was so obsessed with the whole story I wanted to talk about it with everyone. I also used to carry the book around with me everywhere I went because I loved it so much! If you love classics but you feel like you want to explore more and very different stuff then, Frankenstein is you guy!


Hope you liked this little post. I'm currently sick but since I committed to this journey of daily blogging I want to keep doing it, so I'm sorry if the last two posts where a little "meh", I will do my best while I'm in bed!

If you have other books you want to talk about or you want me to read, list them in the comments, I'd be so happy if you do!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by Fearne.