WHAT TO READ, WATCH & LISTEN TO THIS HALLOWEEN

Monday, October 31, 2016


Truth to be told, I've never "celebrated" Halloween. Weird, you'd say, but let's keep in mind that I was raised in Italy and Halloween is not part of our folklore.
Growing up, this "holiday" kinda spread, to the point where at therteen, I found myself wearing horns and a cloak to go to some very weird party with vampires and witches the very last day of October. And since then it became a tradition for me (and my friends) to do something spooky related for Halloween, whether it's a creepy movie night (wich rarely happens because then I have to kindly force them to sleep with me) or a day where we bake cool themed pastries and other stuff.
Look, I love spooky stuff. I love gothic novels and boy if I love those vampires tv-series/movies, I love them all. And if you're a bit like me, you're gonna love this selection of movies, books and songs for this time of the year (or I hope you will, anyway!).

READ
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (this is a MUST, peoples!)
  • Coraline by Neil Gaiman (if you don't wanna read this book, watch the movie!)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (the whole trilogy!)
  • Evernight by Claudia Gray (in all its vampire glory)
  • This Savage Song by V.A.Schwab
  • Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Còrdova (that cover screams Halloween!)
(this list could go on for days so I better stop here! Let me know if you want a full post about weird/creepy/gothic books!)

WATCH
  • Corpse Bride by Tim Burton (a name, a garancy)
  • Sleepy Hollow by Tim Burton (I start seeing a pattern here...)
  • Casper by Brad Silberning (old but ahhh all the feels!)
  • The Conjuring by James Wan (not for the faint of heart. I'm warning you)
  • Penny Dreadful by John Logan (a good tv-series that will keep you glued to the screen)
  • The Vampire Diaries by Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec (born as a book series, this tv show is my old time favourite)

LISTEN

  • Ghostbusters by Ray Parker, Jr. (from "Ghostbusters" the movie)
  • Haunted by Evanescence
  • Davi Jones by Hans Zimmer (score from Pirates of Caribbeans)
  • Ice Dance by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (score from "Edward Scissorhands")
  • Corpse Bride Soundtrack
  • Penny Dreadful Soundtrack
So, here you have it guys, my personal Halloween racommendations. I really hope you like it and if you do make sure you tell me in the comments below (or send me a tweet!).
If you have some good stuff you'd like to add to this list, please tell me!
Enjoy whatever you have planned for today and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by Fearne.