THINGS I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS MONTH

Thursday, December 01, 2016

the sneaker gal

It's crazy how yesterday was the beginning of summer and now we're in December, ready to decorate our homes for Christmas. This year has gone by so fast! In just thirty days we'll be in 2017 and I feel like I haven't even lived this year at all.
But it's December now and even though it's the last month of this year, it's also by favourite month. I mean, it's Christmas time and who doesn't love all those lights in the streets and the magic in the air?
(Raise your hands, you filthy animals!)

This month has not much to it, true. I won't go to any fancy events or host a dinner party, but it's magical nonetheless. Here's a list of things I'm looking forward to this month.

1. redecorate my space. 'Cause it's been a while since this happened and my place really needs a coat or two of fresh paint. It will be a nightmare to let the walls dry, this freezing air is unforgiving, but I really want to do it and maybe rearrange some of the furniture a bit... 

2. Christmas movies. Okay, it's not that I don't ever watch Christmas movies in August, but it's not the same. You can't beat a night in, with the snow falling outside the window, a cuppa tea to warm your hands, a blanket on your knees, the tree lighting up the room and the Grinch stealing the presents. It's not the same thing.

3. the "get together" kinda feeling. Wherever I am in the world, it's good to come home this time of the year. Knowing that everyone is there, under the same sky, just a few houses from you is a really good feeling. I'm currently living with my parents and I don't have many friends here, whether they're away for Uni or outside the country, it's always good to catch up with them at the local bar sipping tea or going full brunch mode.

4. Christmas preparations. Here's one thing you have to know about me: I LOOOOOVE Christmas but more than that I love the actual preparation for it. You know, going places looking for the perfect gift or for new little wooden things to hung up on the tree. Christmas day, as the time goes by, it's kinda sad; obviously, there are cousins and other family members at the table but some of them are no longer here and it kinda sucks. So YEY for Christmas time but not the actual Christmas day.

5. the new year bucket list. There's this one thing I do every end of the year: I write a list of things I want to achieve without going completely non-sense and sticking to things I can actually do. This year won't be any different. I will write this list of goals and try my best to do everything written on it.


So, here you have it, a list of things I'm excited for this month!
What's something you're looking forward to this December? Make sure to write it in the comments below so I can read it!!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by Fearne.