WHAT I'VE READ/ WATCHED/ LISTENED TO IN FEBRUARY

Saturday, March 04, 2017



February has been good to me. Cold as hell, but good nonetheless. 
I started this month with zero expectations; things were going pretty bad and I felt like it was pointless to hope for something better or expect something good. But everything now is better, financially wise, health wise and all.

As it started a little "meh" I had no motivation to write or read or anything but as things got better I found myself picking up the books to add to my TBR list and actually read them.
First of all Stuff I've Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook was a good start. It's a poetry book and you can read all about it here. Then, since that last one was pretty short and I read it on a whim, I picked up The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon and you guys, this book was incredible! So beautifully written and the story was so good and captivating I finished it in two days ready to read more by Amy. I will post a review about it very soon!
And finally, I picked up Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Oh boy. I don't even know how to express my undying love for that woman! The book was glorious and I can't wait to read the last one in the series (but also not because I really don't want it to end! #booknerdproblems).

It was also a very good month music wise. I don't think I need to write of how obsessed I am with Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, but in case you live under a rock or something, it's a reeeeeeally good tune! You should give it a listen or two.
I also gave Lady Gaga a go since I'm not a huge fan of her music but the new album is really good! Different and more my jam. I really liked Million Reasons and Grigio Girls and I still listen to those on a daily basis. Also, Issues by Julia Michaels and Find Me by Sigma ft. Birdy (which video featured a very stylish Milly Bobby Brown) are so good!

Movie wise I don't have much to talk about. I saw Fifty Shades Darker (yeah, yeah, I know) and honestly, as someone who read the books, this second instalment was better than the first one, if we compare them to the books. Also, I finally got to see Interstellar and OH.MY.WORD. it was marvellous! I cried like a baby but it was worth it! The whole thing was just breathtaking and I really really loved the emotional impact it had on me. I do really recommend watching it if you haven't already.



So here you have it, what I've been reading/watching and listening to. Now, I really want to know about the books you read this month (I'm still reading Pride and Prejudice in between everything else) and the songs you've been obsessed with! Also, if you have some movie recommendations, please, for the love of baby aliens, tell me in the comments or drop me a cheeky tweet!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by Fearne.