6 Books You Need To Catch Up On Before The Movies Come Out

April 13, 2017 New York





If you're here, chances are you already watched some pretty amazing trailer and are curious to know more about them. Well, let me tell you, there is some pretty cool stuff coming out this month and you can actually know more by reading the books. 
Yes, these movies/tv-shows I'm about to talk about are all screening of already existing books that you can put your hands on right now.


THE WHITE PRINCESS


TV adaptation of Philippa Gregory's best-selling novel.
The story follows Elizabeth of York, daughter of the White Queen, and her turbulent marriage to the King of England Henry VII.

If you didn't know already, this adaptation would be the sequel to The White Queen which you can already watch.

This tv show is one of those I will watch without a doubt. I'm not really into historical fiction but I was obsessed with the history of England back in High School, so every time there's an adaptation of some historical event I watch it. 
Last summer I watched Victoria and I loved it so much I can't wait for season two!

But yes, if you are a book person and want to catch up on the book first to enjoy the tv show a bit more, make sure you check out Philippa Gregory novel and why not, maybe binge-read the whole series!

Coming out APRIL 16





THE IMMORTAL LIFE OF HENRIETTA LACKS




Based on the book by Rebecca Skloot, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is an upcoming drama television movie, starring Oprah Winfrey, that documents the story of Henrietta Lacks, diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1950 and whose cancer cells would change the course of cancer treatment.
This is the story of an African-American woman who becomes an unwitting medical pioneer and her family's fight for justice.

This sounds absolutely FENOMENAL!
The trailer looks amazing and I mean, Oprah Winfrey!


Coming out APRIL 22






THE HANDMAID'S TALE

Based on a novel by Margaret Atwood, the story is set in a dystopian future where women are not allowed to work, control money or even read.
The few fertile women left, called Handmaids, are assigned to the homes of the elite where they are expected to have ritualised sex to get pregnant and bear children for the man and their wives.

The trailer looks creepy. I'm telling you. The fact that these women not only aren't allowed to read but have to bear the children of other people by having ritualised sex with them. It's disgusting. 
I saw the scene and I wanted to scream.

But I'm a curious bean so I will most definitely read the book and then watch the tv show.
Also, Alexis Bledel (a.k.a. Rory Gilmore) is in the show so hell yeah!

Coming out APRIL 26 






THE CIRCLE

Based on Dave Eggers novel, this story follows the life of Mae Holland (Emma freaking Watson!) as she takes a job at a powerful Internet corporation called The Circle, but as she works there longer, things start falling apart.

This is an important topic that I'm glad is slowly spreading over. 
As a person who uses the Internet every single day and shares her life with others on a daily basis, this story makes you think about things in perspective.
What happens when your life becomes something accessible to everyone, what if everyone can see what you're doing, with who, when, how, where. What if they can know what you're thinking?

Well, my friends, if you want to know more, read the book first and then go watch the movie which looks absolutely amazing!

Coming out APRIL 28 






These are all the movies/tv series coming out this month and the ones I'm more curious about! Will you read the book first or after watching the movie? Will you read them at all? Let me know!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marquis Road. Design by FCD.