A VERY SHORT JUNE TBR

June 20, 2017



The title gives it away already but I have a pretty small list of books to read this month.
The reason is simple: I've been too busy and tired to think about buying books, which is shocking, because I LOVE books and I would gladly walk around naked and starve to spend my money on books. I'm not even joking.

But hey, at least I've got some, which is better than nothing at all, right?

Alright, first thing first, LADY MIDNIGHT by the queen of all shadow worlds, Cassandra Clare.



I love everything that comes from Cassie Clare's genius brain. The Shadowhunters world means so much to me that I could totally see myself leaving everything behind to study all things demons and shadows. And Herondales. I would study all of them extremely close. I'd spend days, even years doing just that. 
I haven't read Lord of Shadows yet but I'm sobbing just thinking about it. Every time Jace or Will are mentioned, I can't help it, I start crying like a baby.
Before I even think about putting my hands on that glorious awesomeness that is Lord of Shadows I want to re-read Lady Midnight. First because so I can fully dive into this world again without missing pieces, and second because I miss my babies aka Emma and Julian and to be honest, all the Blackthornes!
(the version I have is the Italian one, which is absolutely disappointing!)



Second on the list is THE GIRL IN THE ICE by Robert Bryndza.



Now, I don't have a soft spot for thrillers, this is for sure. Most of the times I'm not even thrilled, not even a bit. But the awesome thing is that an Italian Publishing House sent me this copy and the moment was so perfect, 'cause I didn't have anything to read during the two weeks of therapy, so this was great! I've already started it but I'm not that into it.
I mean, I usually devour books, but I also pick them myself, so I know what I like and what I don't; thrillers? Not a big fan. But I'm giving this a chance anyway.
Also, Angela Marsons (who wrote Silent Screams which was phenomenal!) blurbed this book, so it must be cool.


And lastly, my nightmare that's been hunting me since I started it, PRIDE & PREJUDICE by Jane Austen.
As you can see, I don't have a picture of it, nor I want to take any. I know, it's a classic and I should show some respect but seriously, this books is so infuriating! I was so happy to read it fully for the first time and from page one I knew I would have hated it.
Mrs Bennet is just #UGH and Elizabeth made me roll my eyes so much I was almost scared I would have damaged them. 
Before you get to the interesting part, which is on page 168 (Wordsworth Classics edition), aka the letter Mr Darcy writes to Elizabeth, you have to go through an endless pain that somewhat starts to fade at chapter 34 to be renewed two chapters after that. 
The only thing I like about this book is Mr Darcy. And not because he's so romantic and stuff, but because he's just so chilled that I couldn't wait to get to the part where he was in the scene just to give my brain (and my eye rolling training) a break.
I can't wait to finish it and start Wuthering Heights a book I'm seriously looking forward to because all the #Cathcliff feelings are pretty real. And heartbreaking.




Now I really want to know what's on your TBR this month! I can't wait for next month because it's my birthday which means lots of new shiny books that will make my eyes cry with joy!
Also, what are your favourite classics? Mines are Frankenstein and Wuthering Heights! Have you ever read these books? 
And Pride and Prejudice? Tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment